Friday 17 October 2014

Lano Plays: WarmaHordes Journeyman League, Week 2

Hello people, ladies and gentlemen, fishes and turtles, and that ONE person who looked at my blog from Iran...
Unfortunately, you won't find anything to do with how to kill Americans, you got your hopes up when you googled "Warmachine" probably... Silly muppet, if you genuinely do play WarmaHordes... Then hi!! 

So this week, is week 2 of our Journeyman league. Most people are ready for their games, unfortunately two of our entourage wasn't present today but they'll hopefully get there games in next week. 

Well my 15 points was a little difficult to choose from to be honest. Only having 3 points to spend, I thought is go funny and take a Razorback Crew.  Now, I saw this model in the Miniature Empire store, and during the sale I just had to pick it up! It's the perfect base size, and it suits my theme ideally. May I present to you, the Pig-A-Pult! It's originally a Malifeux model, but it was the same base size as a regular Razorback Crew.  Here he is!
Now I do realise some of you may be shouting, "They're Shit!" But hey, it may be true that artillery have the short straw in many ways and faults, but I've picked fashion over substance, and he looks beautiful!
I know I haven't done the tactica for the battle group yet, but il try do it all in one blog post!

At 2 Weeks, each list is 15 points... With his new Razorback deployed, painted, and ready to smack shot up, Lord Carver feels confidence in riding the storm.

The first game was against Cynar. Although it was a practise, and the pigs got warmed up, they got blasted with a lot of arcane blasts etc, but the Batten Down the Hatches kept them safe till all the objectives were secured and won on scenario.

Second up was Magnus from Riot. He felt semi confident, after which I told him that the Warhog in my list was the only hard hitting model I had. Which promptly led him to target the Hog.

I decided to shield my Warhog with the two Gunboars, this allowed my Warhog to get into combat safely with the help of some slamming from my light war beasts. With everything knocked down, my Warhog forces himself for more STR for the cost of a fury and d3 damage. Then charges to try to finish the mangler. He clears up nicely,
Leaving Magnus watching and shitting his pants!
Magnus at this point said "Fuck it, I'm going To Smack something... 
*hopefully it won't be my lovely face..*

Magnus however fails to achieve anything. With the combination of bad dice rolls, and more swearing/noise than a group of black men in a fried chicken shop, Magnus knew his time was up, and the Warhog, the one he wanted to try remove early, comes in with Carvers Feat and absolutely ruins Magnus. 
GG Riot!! 

The only other game I had pictures of was Cygnar vs Mercs. The picture below shows the destructive power of the renegades creamed of doom. 

Unfortunately, it didn't do a significant amount of damage.  Other than this I apologise for not taking as many photos in store!



Lessons learnt today:
1) slamming your own models works. 
2) Carver is a very good mid range caster.
3) Don't write a blog at 3am. I should be asleep!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment