Saturday 30 August 2014

Lano Talks About: Journeyman WarmaHordes League

Hello again!

Today we talk about WarmaHordes Journeyman league which my local gaming club is going to begin soon.

My other gaming buddy has looked into his collection and tried to pick a force to go with, check his blog @theflamingheretic

So my options are quite thin tbh, it's either Legion of Everblight or Legion of Everblight... Since it's all I have!!
I do have a starter Farrow army, but it's too expensive for me to do, and I don't have the Battlebox force yet. 
Working out at £30ish a week to get me points, and £65 to start, it's money I sadly don't have :(

So let's talk Legion of Everblight...

Firstly...
Lylyth, The Herald of Everblight 

Lylyth is a typical support caster! Her bow allows free charges and the automatic hitting of spells. Considering her fury stat is 5, this is a major boost in her abilities. With natural Def 16 and Armour 14, she is also tricky to pin down!
I always find her a pleasurable caster to play as, Parasite and Eruption of Spines are great offensive spells, while Bad Blood is mainly for Hordes, it is a totally devastating spell against them.

Next up, is the Carnivean.

The heaviest, gnarliest, powerfulist, smackiest, thrashiest AND MOST expensive non-character heavy Warbeast in Hordes. Weighing in at 11pts, this guy boasts a single POW18 and two POW16 WITH an assaulting POW14 10" Spray! Coupled with Lylyth's Parasite, he is an absolute monster. If he gets the charge against another heavy, he WILL munch you. Having been playing this game for a while now, while he hits like a dumpster truck on steroids, he is too expensive, but none the less, he is a force to be reckoned with in any list.

Lastly, 4 Shredders

Coming in at 2pts each, these guys are great Fury batteries and pocket rockets. They excel at tying up infantry and lights and amazing at clearing out solos and stranded strangers.
Most people not take these for the animus, with gives +1Def and Arm! On Lylyth she would be Def17! 

Having 4 will be useful, by working together, I reckon they COULD just maybe take on a heavy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment